Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tina here~

(To help get a kick-start to this blog, I'll be mentioning things from my own wedding from time-to-time)

Planning our wedding was an experience that motivated me to really dig deep to find my passion.  It was fun, it was interesting, and to be straight up honest, something I enjoyed.  It meant organization; sticking to one idea but changing your mind because you saw something better; it was full of research after research for big and little things that were to be included on this most incredible and most unforgetable day of our lives.

We set the tone with brown and ivory colors, with a dash of red to fall in between here and there.  There was no particular theme (except for this stamped-embossed floral image I used on our invites, programs, and even had the image done on our cake).  But we incorporated hints of our Filipino culture and added some "small-kine" Hawaiian island touches.  While searching for the perfect pillow or pillow carrier for Micah to carry our wedding bands in, and something to set our mini Bible for CJ to walk down the aisle with, we chose the Lauhala (Palm Leaf Eyelet Box) from Bliss Wedding Market.

 

These were perfect since there were two (the actual box and the cover) that were included for such a great price. Jay's sister helped by sewing our pillows to place inside them and tied brown ribbon around the outside part of the boxes.

We also used Bliss Wedding Market's Paperboard CD Case for our cd and program favors.  They have a video tuturiol online on how to create this wedding cd favor with the reception program inside. It was ideal for what I had in mind

I knew I didn't want to make it look too busy on the front, so I stood with the original thought I used for the wedding invitations (with the help from the creative mind of my cuzin Mar).  Story behind the floral image was she held a "Stamp It Up" party one day, and as I was perusing through the catalog, and came across this stamp with a flower shape.  It caught my eye for some reason, and made me think of my other homestate of Hawai'i.  Mar was so convincing that that was it; I needed to use that stamp in the wedding somehow.  And that's how the whole floral concept began.  I thought it symbolized what our wedding was and who we were from the moment our love blossomed in the very beginning in Hawai'i.  It was simple and not too complicating, but yet beautiful and full of Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment