Sunday, July 24, 2011

Letlove Photography Turns ONE~

Tina here~

It's that time to feature one of C&C "Super Stars".  I've know this talented woman for over a decade now, starting back in the late 90's to be exact.  She has that spunk, and that all around friendliness, with that spark and outgoing vibe that sometimes I wish more people had in this world, including yours truly.  She knows exactly how to make you feel you're worth it and reminds you how valuable of a person you are.  And if you set your mind toward a goal, toward a dream, she lets you see how it can be achieved, just like her dream of capturing memories from her prized possession of a camera through the images she calls photographs. 

[caption id="attachment_574" align="aligncenter" width="199" caption="~beautiful in her soul & all around~"][/caption]

It doesn't amaze me that she has gained admirers with every shot taken and shared-she's knows her stuff. That's basically one of the strongest foundations toward building a successful business...your ability to maintain a long-term customer/client relationship, and she has that and more to create successes.  I seriously can go on and on and on about this chick, whom I've grown to love like a sister.  I've mentioned her name and shared her passion many times throughout my posts. And I'm gonna share her again with you all by having her step aside from her busy schedule.  As she celebrates Letlove Photography's one year anniversary this month of July, I wanted to join in on the party by having a Q&A session with the one and only Lileth D. Rau.  

A Q&A session with the remarkable Lileth of Letlove Photography


What brought you to where you are as a photographer?


Many things have brought me to where I am today, as a person, and as a photographer. I have participated and have had art as a part of my life since I was young, and it played a part of me especially through hard times.  I was always very shy to show or even tell people about it because I was pretty insecure about people's critiques especially my own.  Photography was a part of me growing up and I feel so lucky that it has made its way back in my life.  Back then, photography wasn't as accessible as it is now and I thank my husband Matt for buying me my first digital camera. =)


 

The most rewarding part is...


Getting "the shot" …the ones that make me feel all googly and excited about because it's the photograph that will remind them of their special day, the way they felt, and who they are.  Being the person who gets to experience their special day with them is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding part for me.  I get to be present, to feel and to document their day so that they can remember those moments all over again.  When I can see that my photo has impacted someone, even just a happy sigh of remembering and feeling, that's when I know I have accomplished something rewarding.




What is your most favorite lens and why?


I love prime lenses, and if I really have to pick one, it would be my 50mm- it shoots and sees as natural as what your eyes can see.  Through my eyes it just makes yummy images!


 


So far, the most memorable shoot or event that Letlove Photography took part of is...


So far it would be the proposal shoot. It was a tender moment, exciting, and so intimate. I kept saying to myself, "Wow, I was able to be a part of something so beautiful and I get to be the one to document those moments with my camera." It was a surreal feeling, and I'm going to hold on to that for a very long time.


 



If you could photograph anyone in the world, who would that person be and why?


I would have loved to be a part of the crew that shot the Royal Wedding. It’s such a fairy tale experience, Enchanting, and just plain exciting. Otherwise, it would be Johnny Depp or Matt Damon because they're my celebrity crushes. =)


 


What advice can you give to other people wanting to pursue a career like yours or any business?


Don't give up, keep hustling, work hard, learn, stay humble, be innovative, practice-practice-practice, and believe in your craft. I know it's hard, because I'm still trying to believe in mine. But the more you tell yourself that " I am amazing." Amazing things will happen.


 


What have you learned in just the 1 year you've been in business?


I can't believe it's been one year already. Crazy! Well, to answer that....there are always going to be hurdles to jump over, set backs, insecurities, unexpected moments that will make you think twice- but if you surround yourself with positive thoughts and supportive people, continue to work hard, believe in yourself and keep learning-success will follow.


 


What is your most favorite food to eat?


Steak and fries.


 


If you can be anywhere in the world, where would you be right at this moment?


Somewhere in Europe taking pictures.


 


What kind of legacy do you plan to leave with your family and friends who are dear to you?


If you infuse LOVE into everything, magical things can happen.  It's true!  Try it!  =)


1 comment:

  1. I can't thank you enough! I am truly lucky to have such support~ THANK YOU!!! LOVELOVELOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete